Barnsley Council will be hosting a job fair on Friday 24 January to support people looking for work and furthering their careers.
The event will run from 10 am to 2 pm at the DMC and will bring together partners and services to showcase the range of opportunities available to residents.
The event will feature the different range of support available and advice on:
- looking for work after studying
- current job opportunities available in Barnsley
- free skills training
- CVs and application forms
- tips with interviews
There will also be opportunities for those attending to apply for current job vacancies within Barnsley Council with support from staff at the event.
Councillor Alan Gardiner, Cabinet Spokesperson for Corporate Services, said: “This is a great opportunity for anyone who is looking for support and advice within their career.
“Whether you’re just finishing studying or looking for a new job I would encourage you to head to the Digital Media Centre (DMC) and find out about some of the great opportunities available which you may not have known even exist.”
This news is linked to Town Spirit, our new way of working better together. We believe that if everyone in Barnsley does just one thing, we can make our borough a more welcoming place to live, work, invest and visit.
We’ll do everything we can to help people and their family to achieve their potential by raising aspirations and creating a healthier, safer and better-educated population.
#OwnIt and help us to raise aspirations, confidence and develop enterprising behaviour by:
- Preparing your children for starting school
- Helping your children to get to school on time every day
- Supporting your children to learn out of school
- Helping young people in your family to stay in education and training
- Committing to keep learning and develop your career