On Friday 14 January, we had a partial opening of the new gyratory on the A628 Dodworth Road, which allowed us to test and assess the traffic management plan.
There are some diversions in place, and it may be busier than usual at peak times in this area. As synchronised, permanent traffic lights have now been switched off; the road is now being controlled by temporary traffic lights, which work on separate timers and can need adjustments.
This is a complex stage of the work, and diversions will allow contractors to carry out this work safely. The gyratory will then be opened in phases before switching on of the new permanent traffic controls during the spring.
Marshals will be present on Monday, 17 January, to ensure residents and college students are aware of the safe crossing points and pedestrian routes that are in place.
- All safe pedestrian routes are clearly marked.
- All working areas will be securely fenced-off, with signage navigating pedestrians.
- People should use all existing/temporary crossing points at all times. Pedestrians should not cross live highways at any time until safe to do so.
- Pedestrian access will also be available to Horizon College. These routes are clearly marked.
- Footpath access along Dodworth Road will be within the college car park until the new footpath is constructed.
This is a key project, which is vital to support our future business and housing growth plans and improve access to our new town centre, and we thank residents for their patience and understanding at this time.