Barnsley Council is extremely proud and delighted to announce that they’ve been shortlisted for seven awards at the 2020 Local Government Chronicle (LGC) Awards.
They've been shortlisted in the following categories:
- MET Homes - Entrepreneurial Council category
- Diane Lee, Head of Public Health – Rising Star category
- Barnsley Council Children’s Social Care services - Children’s Services category
- Property Investment Fund - Driving Growth category
- Beat the Street – Innovation category
- IoT Barnsley – Innovation category
- Railway Embankment Project – Community Involvement category
Barnsley Council’s Chief Executive, Sarah Norman said: “We are honoured to have been shortlisted for an amazing seven LGC awards this year. This showcases the quality of service on offer thanks to our staff, partners and volunteers and highlights the strong community spirit here in Barnsley. All those involved should feel a proud sense of accomplishment for all of their hard work to make a brighter future and a better Barnsley. Good luck to everyone shortlisted.”
The 2020 LGC awards will be presented on Wednesday 18 March 2020 in London.