A report to Cabinet will seek approval to undertake community consultation for a further two draft Masterplan Frameworks for Royston and Hoyland South.
- The Royston Masterplan Framework incorporates mixed use site MU5, Land off Lee Lane which will deliver 828 houses, a new primary school and a small-scale convenience retail facility to serve the local community.
- Planning permission has already been granted on part of the site for 166 houses and is currently under construction; this is in addition to the 828 units.
The Hoyland South Masterplan Framework incorporates housing sites:
- HS58 Land at Broad Carr Road, Hoyland
- HS61 Land at Clough Fields Road, Hoyland Common
- HS62 Land off Meadowfield Drive, Hoyland
- HS65 Land North of Stead Lane, Hoyland
- HS68 Land between Stead Lane and Sheffield Road, Hoyland Common
- New associated facilities: a proposed new local hub and potential new primary school
Revised plans are in place for the consultation due to the current situation relating to COVID-19, to make sure that people aren’t excluded and still have the opportunity to shape the Masterplan Frameworks. This will include a number of ways to access information online and for residents to give their views.
The proposal will be presented to Cabinet on Wednesday 13 May. Subject to approval, the consultation will last for a period of 6 weeks and will be publicised over the coming weeks.
You can read our current statement on council consultation during this period here.