A community consultation exercise to gather views on the draft Hoyland West Masterplan Framework will begin on Thursday, 7 May 2020.
The Masterplan Framework will support the development of significant housing and employment growth. The site has been allocated for development within the Local Plan and can accommodate around 100 new homes and 49.3 hectares of land for employment use, while providing additional benefit to existing Hoyland residents and businesses by reducing traffic along Sheffield Road.
This masterplan framework covers:
- Employment site: ES13 - land west of Sheffield Road
- Housing site: HS57- land at Tankersley Lane
- Relocation of Rockingham Sports facility to land at Parkside, Hoyland
The draft Masterplan Framework considers:
- Local amenities - services and public transport
- Local infrastructure - road network, drainage and utilities and digital infrastructure
- Technical constraints - land stability, biodiversity and heritage
- Design considerations - movement and transport, placemaking principles, green space, recreational facilities, health, sustainability and energy usage
The consultation will run for six weeks and take place from Thursday, 7 May to Thursday, 18 June 2020
The details for the draft Masterplan Framework and consultation will be available online at www.barnsley.gov.uk/hoylandwest (webpage will be live from Thursday 7 May).
Feedback received from the consultation will be reviewed and fed into the final Masterplan Framework which will need to be approved by Full Council before adoption.
Cllr Tim Cheetham, Cabinet Spokesperson for Regeneration and Culture, said: "The Hoyland West masterplan proposal covers major plans around employment, housing and relocation of the Rockingham sports facility, so it’s important we consider the impact of the potential development.
"The consultation will provide residents, businesses and community groups with the opportunity to shape the future of the site. Your views are important to us, so please complete your feedback online, which will be analysed to inform the final masterplanning framework."
For more information on masterplan frameworks visit: barnsley.gov.uk/masterplanning
This news is linked to Town Spirit. Town Spirit shows what we can all do to take ownership in making Barnsley a better place to live, work, invest and visit. Have pride in your community and work together to make the whole borough thrive.
We’re committed to #BuildIt and #DevelopIt by making sure that we make the most of the land available to meet our residents’ needs alongside growing Barnsley’s economy.