Phase 1 traffic management details
The following plans are now in place from Wednesday 1 September until further notice. *Please note that previously published plans to start Monday 6 September have now been suspended.
- All safe pedestrian routes are clearly marked.
- All working areas will be securely fenced-off, with signage navigating pedestrians.
- People should use all existing/temporary crossing points at all times. Pedestrians should not cross live highways at any time until safe to do so.
- Pedestrian access will also be available to Horizon College. These routes are clearly marked.
- Footpath access along Dodworth Road will be within the College car park until the new footpath is constructed.
Vehicle access to Horizon College and 188 to 206 Dodworth Road
- Vehicles wishing to enter/exit the above-named properties can do so from both the M1 and Barnsley direction.
- There are no alterations to the existing entrances/exits until further notice.
- There will be a one-way system within the college car park for both cars/vans and buses.
- People should follow all signage in place.
New traffic management plans as part of the Dodworth Road improvement scheme and key dates will be published prior to work commencing. Changes will allow for safe management of Horizon College traffic and include updates to the Pedestrian Plan.
Traffic management is in place to keep all residents and those working on the site safe, and we thank people for their patience during the improvement works.