Do you know someone who you think is worthy of the Queen’s title of honour? If so, now’s your chance to give them the recognition they deserve by nominating them for a place on the prestigious Queens Birthday Honours List 2022.
The Queen awards the title of honour to deserving people from all walks of life making sure people who are not in the public eye are recognised for their valuable service, achievements and contribution - perhaps to charity, to their community or profession.
Recipients deserving of an honour are announced twice a year – at New Year and on the Queen’s official birthday. However, the 2022 Birthday Honours announcement is being brought forward slightly next year to coincide with the Queens Platinum Jubilee on 2 June 2022.
Nominations for the Queen’s Birthday Honours List for 2022 are being particularly welcomed for:
- Individuals delivering exceptional local public services for communities and leading innovation and reform in local government.
- Volunteers and individuals working within their local community.
- Individuals who have gone well beyond the call of duty to deliver for people during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Those helping to build a more united and integrated country. They could be supporting community integration and interfaith work.
- Those in the private and public sector ensuring we build the homes and places that our country needs.
- Recognising enterprise and entrepreneurship.
The Mayor of Barnsley, Cllr Makinson, said: “We know that Barnsley is full of individuals to be proud of – whether that be through volunteering or working tirelessly to achieve local ambition. We also know that there are individuals within our borough from a diverse range of backgrounds who are wholeheartedly worthy of an honour.
“This is a wonderful opportunity to give those people the recognition they deserve and to pay tribute to those people in our community that have gone above and beyond. So, I’d really urge you to take a moment to think if you know or work with someone who deserves this recognition and I hope to see some Barnsley locals on the list next year!”
Nominations for the Queen’s Birthday Honours List must be received by Wednesday 1 September. Nominations after this date will still be accepted but will not be considered for the Birthday 2022 honours round.
To nominate, please complete this online form and send two letters of support to Honours@communities.gov.uk. This email address can also be used if you require any help, guidance or advice completing the form. Useful guidance can also be found on the government website.