This course is for adults with learning difficulties and/or disabilities who want to develop their cookery skills.
Length of course
Classes are two hours long.
The course runs for four to seven weeks (dependent on length of term).
- Food preparation and cooking methods / hot and cold meals
- Food hygiene skill development
- Personal safety and hygiene when preparing and cooking food
- Seasonal and multicultural foods
- Meal planning
- Safe use of a cooker, oven and microwave
- Safe use of different cooking equipment, for example chopping boards
- Weighing and measuring ingredients
- Food preparation skills
- Use of cooking equipment
- Using cooking times for food
How to apply
Contact us online for more information or to book your place.
We'll also look at any additional support or learning materials that you may need.
If you're already learning with our LLDD department your tutor can tell you about your next steps.
The cost of the course is £51.40 to £86.20 (dependent on the length of the course), which includes all tuition and materials.
If you're under 24, or receive certain benefits, you may be entitled to a fee reduction or remission. See our information about paying for a course for details.
What you can do next
You can move onto further adult learning courses in independent living, work based skills and leisure.
If you've have been studying on one of our work skills courses you may want to apply for a job or volunteer.
What our learners say
I like learning about different things, meeting new people, helping other people.
I think that the course is doing me good, because I am learning new skills.
I voted for the first time after learning about voting which I really enjoyed.
I think the teacher is a very caring person. I would like to come back next year.