The aim of this course is to support you along your journey towards volunteering, specifically if you are a learner with learning difficulties and/or disabilities and need support to reach those goals. The course will support you in understanding what is involved in preparing for volunteering in terms of employer expectation and different volunteering opportunities available in the local area.
This course will enable you to:
- Explore different volunteering options in the local area.
- Identify the skills, characteristics and qualities required to work in a variety of volunteering roles.
- Explore how your own skills, characteristics and qualities can be transferred to undertaking a volunteering role.
You'll also develop the following skills for work:
- Work as part of a team, sharing your ideas and experience to complete tasks
- Be a good listener and follow instructions accurately
- Be able to adapt the way you work when circumstances change, or you need to switch to a different task quickly
- Be resilient and have the ability to stick with a task, even if things don’t go to plan, and learn from setbacks
- Literacy and numeracy skills will be embedded throughout the course
- 20 hours programme spread over 10 weeks with one session per week delivered face to face in a classroom environment.
- Independent and group activities throughout the course.
- Some independent working will be required after each session.
- Continued tutor support available.
What do you need?
- Paper or notebook and pen
- To attend all sessions
You'll have already completed an information advice and guidance appointment to make sure this is the right course for you. You should have a desire to move into a volunteering role or want to find out more about becoming a volunteer into your local area.
The cost of the course is £88.50 which includes your tuition and awarding organisation fees, however you may be entitled to fee remission/fee reduction depending on your individual circumstances. Contact us for more information.
How to apply
- Contact us online
- Call us on (01226) 775270
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Like us on Facebook and send us a message
Successful completion of the course will enable you to progress into a volunteering placement or further study if appropriate.
What our learners say
I use my new skills in my volunteering role