The aim of this course is to support you along your journey towards independence. Specifically if you're a learner with learning difficulties and/or disabilities. The course will assist you to gain the confidence needed to be able to speak up for yourself and make choices.
This course will enable you to:
- Examine the different sources of support in the local area.
- Have the ability to speak-up for yourself and the things that are important to you.
- Have the confidence to ask for what you need and want and tell people about your thoughts and feelings.
- Know your rights and responsibilities and are able to make choices and decisions that affect your life.
You'll also develop the following skills for work:
- Work as part of a team, sharing your ideas and experience to complete tasks
- Be a good listener and follow instructions correctly
- Be resilient and have the ability to stick with a task, even if things don’t go to plan. You can learn from setbacks
- Literacy and numeracy skills will be embedded throughout the course
- 20 hours programme spread over 10 weeks with one session per week delivered face to face in a classroom.
- Work on your own and in a group throughout the course.
- Some working on your own will be required after each session.
- Continued tutor support available.
What do you need?
- Paper or notebook and pen
- To attend all sessions
- You'll have already completed an advice and guidance appointment to make sure this is the right course for you.
- You should have a desire to want to develop your individual skills to live a more independent life.
The cost of the course is £88.50 which includes your tuition and awarding organisation fees, however, you may be entitled to fee remission/fee reduction depending on your individual circumstances. Contact us for more details.
How to apply
- Contact us online
- Call us on (01226) 775270
- Email us at email@example.com
- Like us on Facebook and send us a message
Successful completion of the course will enable you to have the confidence to speak up for yourself and make individual choices or further study.
What our learners say
I enjoyed all aspects of the course and will continue to use these skills at home