These courses will enable you to:
Practise and apply some techniques to improve aspects of your wellbeing such as confidence or self esteem. You’ll explore a range of creative projects which will help you to discover the benefits of being creative. Helping your wellbeing and mental health. These courses are suitable for learners at every level, even if you’ve never tried anything creative before.
You'll also develop skills for work:
Local employers in Barnsley have put together a list of skills they like their people to have. As part of your learning with us, you'll be developing the following skills:
- Problem solving skills – you'll be using skills to solve every day problems
- Team working skills – you’ll be in touch with other learners in your group
- Communication – you’ll develop your skills by working with others in your group.
- Digital skills – you'll discover how digital skills support your progress in wellbeing
- Resilience – you’ll discover the importance of bouncing back after coping with challenges.
- Reliable – regular attendance will help you get the most out of your course.
Courses range from three to seven weeks and are around two hours per week. You’ll also be able to contact your tutor between sessions for extra support.
Courses run every half term, so you'll not need to wait long for a start date.
There are no formal entry requirements, you just need to feel that you would benefit from becoming more positive, improving your wellbeing or managing your mental health. Before you start, you’ll have a chat with one of the team to look at the areas you want to work on.
For many learners, these courses are free or reduced. Get in touch to find out more.
How to apply
- Contact us online
- Call us on (01226) 775270
- Email us at email@example.com
- Like us on Facebook and send us a message
There are several courses within our understanding wellbeing provision so, once you have completed one, you might move on to another, join a creative wellbeing course or work with us to look at next steps in learning or work.
What our learners say
There's a friendly atmosphere with excellent teaching that has a sensitive and respectful approach.