If you're unemployed and looking for work, we offer a range of free courses to help you with searching and applying for a job.
Our four employability courses are:
- Effective job search
- CV session
- Interview skills
- Barnsley Council application forms
Length of course
Half a day
Find out what's included on each of the courses using the tabs below.
Effective job search
Learn how to search for jobs effectively, including:
- where to find job vacancies
- what the key features of a job advert are
- matching your own skills and abilities to a vacancy
- registering for job sites and uploading your CV
- starting to job search
Learn all about what's needed in a CV, including:
- what a CV is
- how to set out a CV
- how to recognise what makes a good and bad CV
- how to complete a draft CV
Brush up on your interview skills by finding out about:
- how to research the company and the job role
- preparing for an interview
- interview do's and don'ts
- questions you might be asked
- questions you can ask
Barnsley Council application forms
Find out how to make your application for a role with us stand out, including:
- knowing what the job profile requires
- matching your skills to the job profile
- our vision and values
- how to complete one of our online application forms
No previous knowledge is required.
All employability courses are free.
How to apply
Call us for more information or to book your place.
You can also find employability help and guidance online in our Barnsley Bulletin section, including careers advice and information about applying for a job, writing a CV and preparing for an interview.
What our clients say
Over 95% of our adult learners say they would recommend us to family or friends.
90% of our adult skills learners achieved their qualification.
In 2017-18 our learners achieved over 1700 certificates between Entry level to Level 2.
In 2017-18 we enrolled almost 4000 learners across 17 different subject areas.