These courses will enable you to
Discover the many benefits of work (other than wages or salary) and develop the skills and confidence to work towards new or better employment. You’ll be shown the skills and abilities that many local employers are looking for, and build these through our range of employment workshops.
You'll also develop the following skills for work
Local employers in Barnsley have put together a list of skills they like their employees to have. As part of your learning at Adult Skills and Community Learning, you'll be developing the following skills:
- Problem solving skills – you will be practising skills to solve every-day problems
- Team working skills – you’ll be connecting with other learners in your group and taking part in group tasks.
- Communication – you’ll develop your communication skills by working with others in your group.
- Digital skills – you will discover the digital skills that can support you in the world of work
- Resilience – you’ll discover the importance of bouncing back after coping with challenges.
- Reliability – regular attendance will help you get the most out of your course.
Our initial “Make work work for you” course will run for five to six weeks. Our themed employability workshops will be two to three weeks each. Sessions are usually two hours per week. You’ll also be able to contact your tutor between sessions for extra support.
Courses run frequently so you'll not need to wait long for a start date.
While you're learning with us, you'll also have access to our advice and guidance officers. They can support you to take further steps towards gaining employment.
You'll have already completed the following with Adult Skills and Community Learning:
- Information Advice and Guidance appointment to make sure this course is right for you
These courses are for anyone who would benefit from building the confidence and skills to work towards new or better employment.
These courses are free.
How to apply
- Contact us online
- Call us on (01226) 775270
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Like us on Facebook and send us a message
There are several courses within our employability sector. Once you have completed one, you might move on to another, join an English, maths, digital skills or vocational course. You could also work with us to look at next steps in learning or work.
What our clients say
Without this course I'd not have the skills and confidence to do the job I do now