Barnsley Adult Skills and Community Learning

Once you've decided which course you'd like to try, make sure you book early to avoid disappointment.  

Enrolling is easy - just call in and see us at Wellington House. You don't need an appointment, unless you need specialist advice for the following courses:

  • English
  • English for speakers of other languages (ESOL)
  • IT and computing
  • maths
  • courses for learners with learning difficulties and/or disabilities
  • working with children and young people

What you need to enrol

  • Details of the course you're interested in
  • Proof of benefits if you're applying for fee remission (see support for learners)
  • Proof of earnings if you're applying for fee remission and are earning less than £15,736.50 a year

Not sure?

Short taster courses are available in many different subjects. Get in touch with us to find out more, or like our Facebook page.

How to pay

Once you’ve enrolled on a course, we'll send you an invoice through the post. You’ll be able to pay this online, in cash at a bank, or over the telephone. If it's easier, you can spread your fee over the length of your course.

What our learners say

  • I have passed my assessments up to level 2 and this has helped me to do employment training in social care.
    Adult learner
  • It's inspired me to go on and do GCSE and other forms of further education.
    Adult learner
  • I am already in work but it has given me more confidence to aim higher.
    Adult learner
  • This course has helped me to build up my self-confidence. The tutor put us all at ease and explained things that I didn't understand.
    Adult learner

Please leave us some feedback