This course will help you to develop your Microsoft Word and Excel skills. It will also give you a good understanding of cyber security. It covers how this affects individuals and organisations and what you can do to keep yourself and others safe.
The course is mostly aimed at learners who want to get a job. This could be in admin or another role that uses Microsoft applications. This course is accredited and after a successful assessment you'll achieve a Level 1 Certificate in Vocational Studies (Gateway).
As well as Word and Excel, you'll also learn about managing files. The course will also cover how to work safely in a work environment.
This course will enable you to:
Build skills to create and edit basic documents in Word and Excel. You'll also build on your study skills. Key areas include:
- Word. You'll develop the skills to produce a range of documents with a professional look. This will include letters, memos and reports. You'll also learn how to review and adjust content and layout. This will include using settings, tables, images, formats, mail merge, styles, tabs and alignment.
- Excel. You'll learn how to use formulas and functions (min, max, average and count). You'll also find out how to create charts, links and adjust document settings. You'll develop skills in presenting data in different ways, using numbers, text and graphs.
The assessment is portfolio based with evidence to show your skills and knowledge. There are four modules in total. A further two modules are:
- Cyber security. You'll learn about cyber crime and the risks and effects it has on people and organisations. You'll find out about the methods used to maintain cyber security.
- Working safely. You'll develop an understanding of different types of risk and hazard. You'll learn the importance of workplace guidelines and policies to ensure you're working safely. You'll find out how safe working reduces the risk of harm to yourself and others.
You will also develop the following skills for work:
- Working as part of a team, sharing ideas and motivating peers to complete a task.
- Having a positive attitude to plan your own work and complete it within a set timeframe.
- Be a good listener and follow instructions accurately.
- Be able to adapt the way you work when things change. Be able to switch to other tasks quickly when needed.
- Be resilient and be able to stick with a task. Even if things don’t go to plan, you should learn from setbacks.
- Develop your literacy and numeracy skills.
- Two half days a week for nine weeks, face to face in a classroom. Plus three online 1-hour workshops.
- At least 30 minutes of tasks to be completed after each session.
- Peer support from other learners in the class using Teams. This is an online tool where you will access resources, take part in discussions, and submit work.
- Tutor support via Teams messaging.
What you need
- A mobile phone to verify your Office 365 account.
- Access to a laptop, desktop or similar to complete your work. You don't need Microsoft Office before the start of the course as you'll be given full access to an Office 365 account at the first session. A Chromebook will not support you on this course as it doesn't allow offline access to Office 365.
- A folder, paper or notebook, and a pen.
- Time - at least one hour a week to complete tasks set during each session.
- To attend all sessions.
You'll have already completed the following with us:
- Information, advice and guidance session and an initial assessment on the BKSB software.
- Digital skills in the workplace - Entry 3 course.
The level that you study will be determined by your initial assessment results.
The fee for the Level 1 course is £237.50. This includes all course resources.
Fee remission is available for learners in receipt of means tested benefits or who are on a low income. Please ask us for more details.
How to apply
- Contact us online.
- Call us on (01226) 775270.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Like us on Facebook and send us a message.
- Essential Digital Skills for work and life – Entry 3/Level 1
- Digital and IT Skills Level 2
- Introduction to Customer Service Level 1
What our learners say
I have learnt so much on this course so far. Feel much more confident navigating around the computer. I understand the terminology more, Brilliant course.