Who’s it for?
The new national digital entitlement from 2020 will fully fund adults with no or low digital skills to undertake this new qualification. They will be supported to use digital devices like tablets, smart phones and laptop computers and to perform everyday activities like how to navigate the internet, send an email and make online payments.
It is estimated that one in five adults lack the basic digital skills they need for everyday life and work, to fill this gap our Essential Digital Skills for Work and Life course will give you the basic digital skills required for work, study or everyday life in general.
This level 1 course is intended for learners with low digital confidence or some digital skills to join a specified digital skills course giving you real skills for the real world.
Length of course
Classroom based delivery with blended learning opportunities.
Full course details to be confirmed, please contact us online for more information.
You will develop knowledge in all five of the skill areas of communicating, handling information and content, transacting, problem solving and being safe and legal online.
During the course there will be plenty of hands-on activities where you will engage with real time and simulated tasks, especially when understanding online transactions, to help build your confidence as you develop your digital skills.
This level 1 course will enable you to:
- Develop essential digital skills necessary for work, life and further study.
- Develop transacting skills necessary for work and life.
- Interact with digital devices and handle information appropriately.
- Create, edit and store digital content.
- Share content and communicate effectively using digital devices.
- Be safe, confident and responsible online
You will also develop the following skills for work:
- Work as part of a team, sharing ideas and motivating peers to complete a task
- Have a positive attitude to plan your own work and complete it effectively within a timeframe
- Be a good listener and follow instructions accurately
- Be able to adapt the way you work when circumstances change or you need to switch to a different task quickly
- Be resilient and have the ability to stick with a task, even if things don’t go to plan, and learn from setbacks
- Literacy and numeracy skills will be supported throughout the course
You will need to attend an initial assessment prior to enrolment to ensure you have the necessary entry skills to complete the course within the allocated time.
This course is FREE for all learners aged 19+ with no or low digital skills.
How to apply
To apply, you must have completed one of the following:
- The Introduction to Digital Skills course
- A current initial assessment completed at IAG which clearly evidences some knowledge of using Digital Skills for work
Contact us online for more information or to book your place.
What can I do next?
Digital and IT skills are key competencies required for most employment. A qualification demonstrating IT skills will help enhance your CV.
- Essential Digital Skills for Work and Life - Level 3
- Microsoft Applications - Entry 3, level 1, Level 2
What our learners say
I have really enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and approachability of the tutor in these classes.
I have gained new skills that will help me in my daily life. I have really enjoyed the course more than I expected to I think part of this was due to having a good tutor that understood my needs and aims. I have also enquired about going onto the next level.
The tutor provided a warm and encouraging environment, made it fun and interesting. She explained details well and chose different ways in which to deliver the information so that we all understood.