As part of your learning journey with us you will be using Office 365. This is a Microsoft product that includes Word, Excel and PowerPoint. You can use it on any device, such as a laptop, phone, tablet etc (online version only for Chromebooks). This short course will support you to set up, access and verify Office 365, give you an awareness of being safe and responsible when online, and give you a brief overview of cloud storage, setting up a shared folder and saving your work.
You'll have completed a BKSB assessment independently prior to enrolling on this course. The tutor may also check your current Office skills, depending on your planned course of study. These sessions are delivered face to face in a classroom environment.
If you've not been in a learning environment, or unsure which learning pathway is for you, then the Setting up Office 365 course will help you to make that choice as you will have opportunity to ask questions, meet our tutors and leave the course with dates for your next steps.
This course will enable you to:
Use your digital skills to complete work-related tasks
- Understand cloud-based storage and how it differs to local storage
- Navigate online learning environment and create a shared document/folder
- Access shared documents via an online platform (Teams for Education)
- Access and prepare your learning journal
Use your digital skills safely and responsibly
- Understand an internet user policy and what could happen if this wasn’t followed
- Access a web-based learning platform (Teams) using a password and log out
- Change a pre-set password for an online platform to a more secure one
- Increase awareness of common scams and how to avoid
Agree a programme of study to improve your digital skills
- Discuss your BKSB outcome and focus on key areas as highlighted in the assessment and agreeing a learning plan for either Essential Digital Skills at entry 3 or level 1, or Developing your Digital Skills
Develop your essential digital skills so you access video communications
- Understand how to access the internet by connecting a device to a wifi connection
- Be able to navigate an online video platform (Teams for Education)
- Discuss compatible devices and internet access for online learning
You'll also develop the following skills for work:
- Work as part of a team, sharing ideas and motivating peers to complete a task
- Have a positive attitude to plan your own work and complete it effectively within a timeframe
- Be a good listener and follow instructions accurately
- Be able to adapt the way you work when circumstances change or you need to switch to a different task quickly
- Be resilient and have the ability to stick with a task, even if things don’t go to plan, and learn from setbacks
- Literacy and numeracy skills will be supported throughout the course
- 2 x 3 hour sessions
- Learning will take place in a classroom – face to face delivery in an ICT Suite. PC's and access to tablet devices during delivery of the course are available however we encourage you to bring your own device to be able practice your digital skills though not essential.
What do you need?
- A mobile phone – must be able to receive text messages
- Paper or notebook and pen
- Diary to plan course of study
- To attend both sessions
You'll have already completed an initial assessment with Adult Skills and Community Learning. The level that you study at will be determined by your initial assessment results.
This course is free to all learners aged 19 and over.
How to apply
- Contact us online
- Call us on (01226) 775270
- Email us at email@example.com
- Like us on Facebook and send us a message
- Essential Digital Skills for Work and Life – entry 3 or level 1
- Developing digital skills
- Introduction to Business Admin E3
- Microsoft applications level 1
What our learners say
I'm now able to use my phone to access Office 365.