CIEH Level 1 Awards in Food Safety
- CIEH Level 1 Awards in Food Safety
- CIEH Level 1 Award in Food Safety Awareness in Catering
- CIEH Level 1 Award in Induction into Food Safety for Manufacturing
- CIEH Level 1 Award in Food Safety Awareness for Retail
The CIEH Level 1 Awards in Food Safety provide an ideal solution to staff induction training including:
- new employees with minimal or no prior food safety knowledge;
- employees handling low-risk or wrapped foods (category A);
- front of house employees, such as waiting or check out staff;
- back of house employees, such as kitchen porters or warehouse staff.
They're also suitable for employees for whom English is a second language or people with learning difficulties.
See our course listing for food and health for details of the days, times, locations and fees for these courses.
Length of course
- Understand the basic requirements of food safety and hygiene - how to keep clean and hygienic - how to keep the work areas clean - the role an individual plays in reducing contamination
- Identify key food safety issues
No prior knowledge is required
Cost on application
How to apply
Call us for more information or to book your place. You'll need to take your National Insurance number to the first session.
What our learners say
95% of our community learners say they would recommend us, the highest satisfaction rating in the country.
79% of our adult skills learners progress onto further learning.
in 2015-16 we ran over 600 courses in more than 60 venues across Barnsley.
In 2015-16 we enrolled 4000 learners in 18 different subject areas.