CIEH Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace
This course is for anyone in a work environment.
See our course listing for food and health for details of the days, times, locations and fees for these courses.
Length of course
1 Day (8 hours)
- Understand the principles of health and safety and accident prevention
- Ability to contribute to any health and safety management system
- Understand the importance of risk assessment as a technique for accident and ill health prevention
- Understand the responsibilities placed on employers and employees
- Understand the hazard, risk and main causes of harm to workers (manual handling, hazardous substances, exposure to noise and vibration)
- Understand the importance of following systems, procedures and rules
- Understand how individual action can reduce risks to health and safety
- Appreciate how workplace equipment and task design affect health and safety
No previous knowledge is required
The cost of the course is £63.00 which includes all tuition and registration fees.
If you're under 24, or receive certain benefits, you may be entitled to a fee reduction or remission. See our information about paying for a course for details.
How to apply
Call us for more information or to book your place. You'll need to take your National Insurance number to the first session.
What you can do next
- CIEH Level 3 Health & Safety in the Workplace
- Full Cost Recovery courses such as CIEH Food Safety
What our learners say
This course has helped me build-up my self-confidence. The tutor put us all at ease and explained things that I didn't understand