This course is designed to make sure that businesses, employers and employees are aware of legislation which cover their own safety and the safety of customers, contractors and the public.
Length of course
- Current legislation around health and safety in the workplace
- Risk assessments, RIDDOR (reporting of injuries, diseases and dangerous occurrences regulations), and accident prevention
- Fire, electricity, workplace equipment and exposure to noise and vibration
- COSHH (control of substances hazardous to health), manual handling, hazards, risks and working at height
- Responsibilities of both the employer and employee
- Assessment by a multiple-choice examination
No previous knowledge is required
The cost of the course is £65 which includes all tuition and registration fees.
If you're under 24, or receive certain benefits, you may be entitled to a fee reduction or remission. See our information about paying for a course for details.
Dates, times and venue
This course takes place in the boardroom at Wellington House, Barnsley, S70 1WA.
It runs from 9.30am to 4.30pm on the dates below.
|2018 dates||2019 dates|
|12 November||4 March|
|3 December||1 April|
How to apply
Call us for more information or to book your place. You'll need to take your National Insurance number with you to the session.
What our learners say
This course has helped me build-up my self-confidence. The tutor put us all at ease and explained things that I didn't understand