This course gives you knowledge of diets and nutrition, and an understanding of how making small changes in what we eat has a positive impact upon our long-term health.
It's ideal for anyone who's involved in health care, education, selling food or fitness.
Length of course
- Food, nutrition, healthy eating and a healthy diet
- Fluid, nutrients, energy and food groups
- Proteins, fats, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals
- Digestion and absorption
- Nutrition and life stages, malnutrition and special diets
- Food intolerances and allergies
- Vulnerable groups
- Assessment by a multiple-choice examination
No previous knowledge is required
The cost of the course is £65 which includes all tuition and registration fees.
If you receive certain benefits you may be entitled to a fee reduction or remission. See our information about paying for a course for details.
How to apply
Contact us online for more information or to book your place.
What our learners say
Over 95% of our adult learners say they would recommend us to family or friends.
90% of our adult skills learners achieved their qualification.
In 2017-18 our learners achieved over 1700 certificates between Entry level to Level 2.
In 2017-18 we enrolled almost 4000 learners across 17 different subject areas.