This nationally accredited qualification is aimed at learners who want to become emergency first aiders in the workplace.
It meets the first aid provision requirements identified in a company's risk assessment.
Length of course
- Roles and responsibilities of a first aider, including assessing a situation
- Dealing with an unconscious casualty and one who isn't breathing
- Using an automated external defibrillator
- Emergencies including severe bleeding, shock, choking and seizures
- Dealing with burns and scalds
- Assessment by practical demonstration and written and oral questioning
No previous knowledge is required
The cost of the course is £65 which includes all tuition and registration fees.
See our information about paying for a course for details.
Dates, times and venue
This course takes place in the boardroom at Wellington House, Barnsley, S70 1WA.
It runs from 9.30am to 4.30pm on the dates below:
- 20 May 2019
How to apply
Call us for more information or to book your place. You'll need to take your National Insurance number with you to the session.
What our learners say
Over 95% of our adult learners say they would recommend us to family or friends.
90% of our adult skills learners achieved their qualification.
In 2017-18 our learners achieved over 1700 certificates between Entry level to Level 2.
In 2017-18 we enrolled almost 4000 learners across 17 different subject areas.