This qualification is aimed at learners working in childcare settings, but is useful for anyone who has responsibility for caring for infants and children.
Length of course
- Roles and responsibilities of a paediatric first aider
- Assessing an emergency situation
- Dealing with an unresponsive casualty and carrying out CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation)
- Using an automated external defibrillator
- First aid for a child who is choking
- Dealing with bleeding and shock
- Chronic medical conditions and sudden illness
- Fractures and dislocations, head, neck and spinal injuries
- Conditions affecting the eyes, ears and nose
- Burns, scalds, bites, stings, poisoning and electric shocks
- Assessment by practical activities and theory tasks
No previous knowledge is required
The cost of the course is £90 which includes all tuition and registration fees.
See our information about paying for a course for details.
How to apply
Contact us online for more information or to book your place.
What our learners say
Over 95% of our adult learners say they would recommend us to family or friends.
90% of our adult skills learners achieved their qualification.
In 2017-18 our learners achieved over 1700 certificates between Entry level to Level 2.
In 2017-18 we enrolled almost 4000 learners across 17 different subject areas.