This qualification is aimed at learners working in childcare settings, but is useful for anyone who has responsibility for caring for infants and children.
Length of course
- Roles and responsibilities of a paediatric first aider
- Assessing an emergency situation
- Dealing with an unresponsive casualty and carrying out CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation)
- Using an automated external defibrillator
- First aid for a child who is choking
- Dealing with bleeding and shock
- Chronic medical conditions and sudden illness
- Fractures and dislocations, head, neck and spinal injuries
- Conditions affecting the eyes, ears and nose
- Burns, scalds, bites, stings, poisoning and electric shocks
- Assessment by practical activities and theory tasks
No previous knowledge is required
The cost of the course is £90 which includes all tuition and registration fees.
See our information about paying for a course for details.
Dates, times and venue
This course takes place in the boardroom at Wellington House, Barnsley, S70 1WA.
It runs from 9.30am to 4.30pm on the dates below:
- 17 and 24 June 2019
How to apply
Call us for more information or to book your place. You'll need to take your National Insurance number with you to the first session.
What our learners say
Over 95% of our adult learners say they would recommend us to family or friends.
90% of our adult skills learners achieved their qualification.
In 2017-18 our learners achieved over 1700 certificates between Entry level to Level 2.
In 2017-18 we enrolled almost 4000 learners across 17 different subject areas.