We provide information, advice and guidance support throughout your learning experience with us.
Before you start your course:
- we'll support you to get on the right course and make sure your learning needs are met
When you start your course:
- we'll provide an induction that explains the support available whilst you're with us
During your course:
- your tutor will give you subject-related support and guidance
- your tutor will tell you how you're doing
- we'll support you with your individual learning plan
- you can access specialist guidance if required
As you finish your course:
- we'll talk to you about what you want to do next and support you to achieve your goals
- we'll advise you of further learning and help you with jobs and applications
You can find out more in our information, advice and guidance policy.
Extra help with your learning
If you need extra support with your learning please tell us when you enrol, so that we can make an assessment to see help we can offer you. We may be able to give you access to a support worker, equipment or assistive technology to make learning easier for you.
We can also support you with extra help in exams, such as extra time, a reader or scribe, or specialist equipment.
Our support advisors can help you with:
- writing or developing your CV
- completing job applications and preparing for interviews
- searching for jobs or voluntary work
- deciding what to do next once you’ve completed your course
- finding the right support for a particular problem.
Call (01226) 775270 to make an appointment to see us.
Help with childcare, travel and exam costs
If you want to join a course, but you're worried that you can't afford to pay for books, travel or childcare, you may be able to apply for help towards these costs.
If you're granted financial assistance, but then decide to leave before the course ends, we'll expect you to repay any money you received.
Advanced learner loans
If you're aged 19 or over and you're thinking about studying at Level 3, you might qualify for a loan to help you pay the course fee, which you'll have to repay once you're earning £21,000 or over.
What our learners say
The tutor made me feel comfortable in class. I gained more confidence to have a go at maths problems. The tutor met my learning needs. I feel more confident at maths.
Friendly and helpful,relaxed learning environment. Good supportive tutor.
I enjoyed everything in the course. Great tutor, friendly people.