If you’re enthusiastic, enjoy working with people and have the ability to maintain relationships, a career in social care could open up a whole host of options to you.
To help get you on to the social care careers path, you can access free training through our Future Carers programme.
The aim of this course is to provide you with the basic knowledge, understanding and employability skills to enable you to be successful in a care worker interview, gain the underpinning knowledge to complete the care certificate to a good standard and start a successful career as a social care worker for adults, children or young people.
Successful completion of this course will result in you achieving the level 1 certificate in introduction to health, social care and children’s and young people’s settings.
This course is ideal if you have no previous formal experience of working in care, or if you're looking to refresh your knowledge before returning to working in care.
You're required to commit to 100% attendance of the six week programme, and complete the knowledge based assignments to achieve the qualification.
This course will enable you to:
- Learn with, and from, individuals working towards a similar personal goal in a safe and non-judgmental environment
- Understand the diversity of roles and requirements within Social Care provision
- Recognise personal skills and qualities, and areas of required self-improvement with regard to finding a role in care
- Gain the underpinning skills and knowledge to complete the Care Certificate with confidence
- Take part in awareness sessions with Sector Specific professionals
- Provide you with the skills, knowledge and competencies needed to progress onto higher levels of study within the care sector.
You'll also develop the following skills for work:
- Work as part of a team, sharing your ideas and experience to complete tasks
- Have a positive attitude to plan your own work and complete it effectively within a timeframe
- Be able to adapt the way you work when circumstances change
- Be resilient
- Construct or update a high-quality care related CV
- Complete a care related application form to increase the opportunity to be offered a job interview
- Meet with service managers and service users from a diverse range of care settings in group sessions, with the opportunity to make a positive first impression, ask questions, and request the opportunity for guaranteed interviews.
- Increase personal confidence with a practice interview in a safe and supportive environment
- Earn a reference from a well-respected training provider
- Recognise the need for punctuality and positive attendance record
- Improve active listening skills and follow instructions accurately
- Start to use professional care sector related language
- Develop basic digital skills and confidence using office packages
- Literacy, numeracy, and digital skills will be supported throughout the course
Classroom based delivery with blended learning opportunities
The future carers programme is delivered over six weeks - four days a week (Monday to Thursday), from 9.30am to 3pm. Each day will comprise of two learning sessions.
Each session will include:
- Classroom learning, independent research, tasks, and assignments.
- Support will be provided by the tutor in sessions.
- Independent and group activities throughout the course.
- Some independent working will be required after sessions.
- Continued tutor support available via Teams for Education
What do you need?
- Large notepad and stationery
- Folder for loose paper handouts
- A copy of your latest CV
- A clear calendar to ensure 100% attendance
- Continued tutor support available via Teams For Education
- Be genuinely interested in working in the care sector
- Be work ready
- Have a clean DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service)
- Be committed to completing the course
The cost of the course is £419.00 which includes your tuition and awarding organisation fees. This can be paid monthly via direct debit over the duration of your course, however you may be entitled to fee remission/fee reduction depending on your individual circumstances. Contact us for more information.
How to apply
- Contact us online
- Call us on (01226) 775270
- Email us at email@example.com
- Like us on Facebook and send us a message
Employment in the Health & Social Care field.
Placements can be arranged within certain parameters for individuals who want hands on experience before applying for a role in care.
Progression onto Level 2 Health and Social Care curses. qualification.
The Future Carers programme has enabled hundreds of local individuals to step successfully and confidently into care roles for over 16 years. There are now care home managers, several deputy managers, many senior carers, and a vast number of social care workers across the borough and beyond who have started from this first opportunity. This programme has also proved to be an excellent first step for individuals who are considering nursing as their chosen profession.
Why choose us?
The course has given me the ability and confidence to re-write my CV which has resulted in me gaining a very important interview