The aim of this course is to provide you with a range of skills and core knowledge in the health and care sector. Together with generic employability skills which are required in the health and care sector.
It's suitable for those who'd like to work in the health and care sector and need a grounding in the subject. It gives a chance to develop more general workplace skills, before applying for work.
This course will provide you with:
- an understanding of the service provision and roles within Health and Social Care.
- knowledge of the principles and values in Health and Social Care.
- an understanding of equality and inclusion, human growth and development, and how to plan a healthy diet and healthy lifestyle.
- an awareness of learning disability and mental health
You will also develop the following skills for work:
- Work as part of a team, sharing your ideas and experience to complete tasks
- Have a positive attitude to plan your own work and complete it effectively within a timeframe
- Be a good listener and follow instructions accurately
- Be able to adapt the way you work when circumstances change. Being able to switch to a different task quickly
- Be resilient and have the ability to stick with a task. Learning from any setbacks
- Literacy, numeracy and digital skills will be supported throughout the course
Classroom based delivery with blended learning opportunities
- 10 x three hour classroom sessions delivered face to face in a classroom environment.
- Independent and group activities throughout the course.
- Some independent working may be required after session.
- Continued tutor support available on Teams for Education.
What do you need?
- Paper or notebook and pen
- Time - at least one hour per week to complete tasks set during each session
- To attend all 10 sessions
Learners will have already completed the following with Adult Skills and Community Learning:
Advice and Guidance and initial assessment on the BKSB software.
You should have a desire to work within Health and Social Care settings. Also want to gain knowledge and skills of the sector before applying for work.
The level that you study at will be determined by your initial assessment results.
The cost of the course is £116.50 which includes your tuition and exam body fees. This can be paid monthly via direct debit over the duration of your course. However you may be entitled to fee remission or reduction depending on your circumstances. Contact us for more details.
How to apply
- Contact us online
- Call us on (01226) 775270
- Email us at email@example.com
- Like us on Facebook and send us a message
- Health and social care courses at Level 2.
- Possible entry level employment within the sector.
What our learners say
I enjoyed learning about communication and team work