This course is for learners who want an introductory course to working with children in a nursery or school, and who are not yet ready to start a full qualification.
It covers basic child development, the role of the childcare worker or teaching assistant, the structure of the setting, curriculum and will enable learners to decide on a path of training and employment. You'll study an entry level qualification in personal progression.
This course is delivered in three ways:
5 weeks of 3 hours a week
- 5 weeks. 1 x 1.5 hr online session plus individual tutor interactions
- 60 - 120 minutes of homework tasks to be completed each week
- Individual tutor interactions as needed
- Individual workbooks and tasks posted each week with telephone/ text/ email support from a tutor.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification
This course is free
How to apply
Contact us online for more information or to book your place.
What you can do next
- Level 2 certificate in supporting teaching and learning
- Level 3 diploma in supporting teaching and learning
What our learners say
The course gave me the confidence to work in a nursery and be good at my job.
It has given me the confidence to look for other work opportunities that I wouldn't have considered before.
It has helped me to decide what I would like to do in the future!
I have been able to apply for Teaching Assistant jobs and feel confident doing so.
My teaching assistant course was a great experience. I can't wait to continue at Level 3.