Adult social care
Barnsley Carers and Young Carers Charter
We’re supporting all our borough’s unpaid carers and young carers to lead happy, healthy lives. We want to work together with partners to offer our carers the best support possible. This will help us achieve the key priorities in our carers strategy.
We're currently creating our Carers and Young Carers Charter. This is a way for organisations to show their support for our borough's unpaid carers. Working together across Barnsley, the Charter will help us realise our pledge to carers by:
- Valuing carers in their caring role, making sure they’re heard.
- Helping carers improve their physical and mental health.
- Encouraging carers to take time away from caring and connect with others.
- Making sure carers are involved in making decisions and care planning.
- Promoting choices, so carers can tap into the right support for them in the way they choose.
- Creating chances for carers to learn or work, to make sure they feel supported.