Barnsley Carers and Young Carers Charter
We’re committed to supporting all our borough’s unpaid carers and young carers to lead happy, healthy lives. We want to work together with partners to offer our carers the best support possible. This will help us achieve the key priorities in our carers strategy.
The Barnsley Carers and Young Carers Charter is your way to show your support for our borough’s unpaid carers. Working together across Barnsley, you can help us realise our commitment to carers by:
- Valuing carers in their caring role, making sure they’re recognised and heard.
- Supporting carers improve their physical and mental health.
- Encouraging carers to take time away from caring and connect with others.
- Making sure carers are involved in making decisions and care planning.
- Promoting choices, so carers can tap into the right support for them in the way they choose.
- Creating chances for carers to learn or work, making sure they feel supported.
By signing up, you will be awarded our Carers and Young Carers Charter mark. Your organisation can use this to show your support for Barnsley carers.