Working together for a brighter future, a better Barnsley

Council tax support and housing benefit reviews

If you’re receiving council tax support or housing benefit, we’ll review your claim every April.

We do this to take account of any new council tax charges, benefit rates, and other pensions and benefits you may receive, for example from the Department for Work and Pensions.

We also carry out additional reviews from time to time by asking you to complete our online council tax and housing benefit review form. We may ask you to provide further evidence if any of your circumstances have changed since the last review of your claim. If so, you can submit this using our evidence attachment form.

By doing this, we can make sure that we’re always paying you the right amount of housing benefit or council tax support, based on your current circumstances.

It’s important that you fill the form in; your benefit could be suspended if you don’t.

Change in circumstances

If your circumstances have changed since the last time you claimed your housing benefit or council tax support, tell us straight away. You can do this by filling in the housing benefit and council tax change in circumstances form.

Check our change in circumstances page for more information.

A - Z Directory