We have four recycling centres (tips) in the Barnsley area where you can recycle and dispose of your household waste.
(Find Barnsley recycling centres)
- Smithies Lane (Barnsley S71 1NL)
- Nicholas Lane (Goldthorpe S63 9AT)
- Springvale (Penistone S36 6HH)
Open 9am to 5pm from 1 April to 30 September
Open 9am to 4pm from 1 October to 31 March
- West Street (Worsbrough Dale S70 5DJ)
Open 8am to 7pm from 1 April to 30 September
Open 8am to 4pm from1 October to 31 March
Sites open every day apart from Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day
Visiting a recycling centre (tip) – points to remember
- You can only use the site if you're a Barnsley resident. You may be asked to prove that you live in the borough, so take a council tax or utility bill, a bank statement or your driving licence with you.
- If your vehicle is higher than 1.83m (6 feet), site operatives will need to lift the barrier to let you on to the site.
- You’ll need to apply for a permit if you’re going to the site in any vehicle other than a car.
- The sites are primarily for recycling so you should sort your waste before you so so that it's easier to put into the right container on site.
- We don’t accept business or trade waste at our recycling centres. You must dispose of this kind of waste through a licensed facility. Leaving trade waste at our sites is a criminal offence and could result in a £50,000 fine and/or two years in prison.
- If you do try to dispose of anything other than household waste, an enforcement officer may visit you to find out where the waste came from.
- If you behave in an inappropriate manner while visiting any of our sites, we'll exclude you from the site and may not re-admit you in the future.