Changes to our services due to coronavirus (COVID-19)
The Register Office in the Town Hall is open for face to face appointments for some services, but you can't currently book an appointment at our Royston or Wombwell offices until further notice.
Please see our changes to registration services due to coronavirus page for more information.
Visiting Barnsley Register Office
If you're coming to Barnsley Register Office you should use the nearby pay and display car parks. Appointments can take up to an hour, so please make sure your ticket covers you.
If you're attending a ceremony please use a pay and display car park, allowing enough time for the ceremony and photographs afterwards.
The entrance is at the side of the building, next to the fountains.
The address is: Barnsley Register Office, Town Hall, Barnsley, S70 2TA. We're open Monday to Friday from 9am to 4pm (excluding bank holidays).
You’ll find many of our services are available to book online.
Please note that we've had to make changes to our services due to coronavirus, including suspending online bookings for some of our services below.
- Order a copy certificate online
- Book an appointment to register a birth
- Book an appointment to register a death
- Book an appointment to register a stillborn baby
- Book an appointment to re-register a birth
- Book an appointment to give notice of marriage or civil partnership
- Book a wedding ceremony / registrar
- Book a civil partnership ceremony / registrar
For all enquiries please contact (01226) 773555.
Barnsley Register Office, Corporate Mail Room, PO Box 634, Barnsley S70 9GG.
Our other locations (currently unavailable due to coronavirus)
- Royston Lifelong Learning Centre, Station Road, Royston, Barnsley S71 4EQ
(Tuesday - 1.15pm to 3.30pm)
- Wombwell Library, Station Road, Wombwell, Barnsley S70 0BA
(Thursday 9.30am to 12pm)