We provide a registration service in the following locations. Please note that we only provide stillbirth registration, birth re-registration and marriage notifications at Barnsley Register Office.
- Barnsley Register Office, Town Hall, Barnsley S70 2TA
(Monday to Friday - 9am to 4pm)
- Royston Lifelong Learning Centre, Station Road, Royston, Barnsley S71 4EQ
(Tuesday - 1.15pm to 3.30pm)
- Wombwell Library, Station Road, Wombwell, Barnsley S70 0BA
(Thursday 9.30am to 12pm)
Update due to COVID-19 (coronavirus)
We're following the government advice regarding reducing public content and have had to make some changes to our services. This means that we can't make any face to face appointments at the Register Office in the Town Hall, at Royston or Wombwell until further notice.
It's important to read more about the changes to registration services due to COVID-19 before you contact us or book an appointment. We've also suspended some of our online booking services until further notice.
We're currently working through the process to be able to open this service again very soon. We want to make sure that when services start again both the public and our staff are safe during this time.
Please consider whether you need to call us, or if your enquiry can wait until another time as our phone lines are currently very busy.
Visiting Barnsley Register Office
If you're coming to Barnsley Register Office you should use the nearby pay and display car parks. Appointments can take up to an hour, so please make sure your ticket covers you.
If you're attending a ceremony please use a pay and display car park, allowing enough time for the ceremony and photographs afterwards.
You’ll find many of our services are available to book online.
Please note that we've had to make changes to our services due to COVID-19, including suspending online bookings for some of our services.
- Order a copy certificate online
- Book an appointment to register a birth
- Book an appointment to register a death
- Book an appointment to register a stillborn baby
- Book an appointment to re-register a birth
- Book an appointment to give notice of marriage or civil partnership
- Book a wedding ceremony / registrar
- Book a civil partnership ceremony / registrar
For all enquiries please contact (01226) 773555.
Barnsley Register Office, Corporate Mail Room, PO Box 634, Barnsley S70 9GG