We offer support to all childcare providers in the borough to help them provide the best possible service to children and families.
If you're a childcare provider, we can help by offering you:
- support, advice and guidance on best practice
- a quality improvement programme to support self evaluation
- tools including checklists and toolkits to support particular areas of work
- locality forums to share best practice
- environmental assessments (ECERs/ITERs)
- business support to increase knowledge and understanding of running a successful business
- help with preparation for your Ofsted inspections
- updates on the legal requirements you'll need to meet
- training and professional development
- marketing your business on the Family Services Directory including Local Offer
The latest edition of Childcare News is now available, giving you the latest information on training, legislation, best practice and quality improvement. Back issues of newsletters are available on request.
Early education funded entitlement for two year olds
Interim inclusion support (IIS) grant
This grant can help your setting to include disabled children and can support costs associated with:
- employing an additional worker to support enhanced staff ratios in sessions
- purchasing specialist equipment to meet the specific needs of a child
Check our IIS flowchart for more information.
Helpline opening hours
8.30am to 5pm Mondays to Thursday
8.30am to 4.30pm Fridays
An answer phone service is in operation outside these hours