Barnsley Virtual School
Your Termly Personal Education Plan is written just for you.
It brings together all the information about your learning needs into one place. It helps everyone supporting your education to know what your strengths are and what you need to get better at.
What your plan says
Your plan says what your school's doing for you and what extra help you need to succeed. It includes:
- a description of the school you attend and how they support your learning
- your progress against your personal targets and those expected for your age
- information about your school attendance
- things you're good at
- things that get in the way of your learning that you may need help to overcome
- your long-term goals and aspirations
- out of school clubs and activities you can attend
- things your school can give you to learn at home
Your school gets extra money from the government to help you achieve your potential. Your plan tells you how your school will spend this money.
The Virtual School Head checks your plan each term to make sure it's the best it can be. If it needs improving, they'll work with the school to to do this.
The plan also includes a section about how your carer will support you to reach the targets that are set for you each term.
Have your say
There's a section of the plan where you can have your say. Your social worker will talk to you about this.
You can add what you think helps you learn and how you feel you're doing at school.
You can also add things you feel you need help with. It's also a good place to share your ambitions.
Everyone who helps you with your learning should know what’s in your plan to help you succeed.