Children in care and care leavers

Available key contacts

View our large list of contacts who are available to support you:

Advocacy support

The Children’s Rights Team can be contacted directly on (01226) 753406.

Care4Us council

To contact the Care4Us Council call the Targeted Youth Support Team on (01226) 775270. 

Education, employment or training support

The Targeted Information, Advice and Guidance(TIAG) Service are available at Wellington House, Barnsley.

Contact (01226) 775270 to find out about the TIAG service or Barnsley's I Know I Can.

Housing advice

Contact Berneslai Homes on (01226) 787878.

They'll be available Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm and Saturday 8am to 1pm.

Your personal adviser

You can contact your personal adviser on (01226) 775550.

There is a duty worker available on the above number from 8.45am to 5pm if your allocated worker is unavailable.

Out of hours help in an emergency

The Emergency Duty Team(EDT) is contactable on (01226) 787789 for urgent help in a crisis outside of office hours. Your personal adviser will update EDT if there are things which are happening in your life which might need a response out of hours or at weekends.

If you think you're not getting the support you need, please get in touch with your social worker/personal adviser first to let them know what you want so they can help.

If you're unhappy with responses you can also contact Jayne Shaw on (01226) 775550 who can contact the Future Directions team manager.

For more information

Call (01226) 772626 or

Please leave us some feedback