Going to University
We will support you if you choose to go to University, such as helping you obtain tuition fees and maintenance loans, travel costs at the start and end of term, and making sure you have somewhere to live during the holidays.
You will be supported by your TIAG Adviser with choosing the right course and University that matches your talents and interests.
In Barnsley we will ensure that if you are in higher education you will have:
- Your accommodation costs paid directly to your hall of residence or other suitable accommodation on a termly basis by direct payment to the accommodation.
- Assistance in purchasing any equipment required for your course by accessing any funding for your course and ensuring any deficit is paid by Future Directions.
- Any travel costs associated with contact with family/former carers are assessed and paid directly to you or reimbursed to you.
- We will provide you with somewhere for you to stay during University or Higher Education holidays (or funding for this if you would prefer to make your own arrangements).
- Support you when you are choosing to go to University, such as helping you obtain tuition fees and maintenance loans, travel costs at the start and end of term.
- We will pay all costs associated with visits to University and ensure that any university loans are explained and applied for promptly. If your loan is not available at the start of your course, we will ensure that your fees are paid and that you have an allowance pending the receipt of the loan.
- We will help you choose the right course and University that matches your talents and interests.
- A bursary of £2,000 over the cost of the course to help with the cost of books and materials. This is paid annually at the start of each semester. Care leavers are priority for the 16 to 19 Bursary Fund administered by Further Education colleges, which pays a bursary of up to £1,200 a year.