Children in care

We'll ensure you receive a good education by:

  • making sure you have a place at a good school that is local to where you live, unless it's agreed that there's a more suitable school to meet your needs.

  • making sure you know who the designated teacher for children in care is and that they take an active role in supporting you.

  • making sure you have an up-to-date personal education plan, reviewed at least once a year, with your contribution.

  • having high aspirations about your ability to succeed and if you need help to catch up with school work, we'll make sure this is available, ensuring Pupil Premium Grant is used to support your achievement.

  • making sure that three and four year olds receive early years learning opportunities.

  • expecting and supporting your career

Your copy of the pledge

We give you a copy of our pledge so that you know what you can expect from us and so that you can tell us if we're not meeting these promises.

You can do this by talking to your social worker or reviewing officer, or anyone else who you know will tell us, including the Children's Rights Service.

If you need help from Children's Rights to speak up about any decisions affecting your life, call (01226) 753406.