We promise to look after you in a safe and caring home by:
- doing our best to provide you with a high quality foster placement or residential home, which is in or very close to Barnsley, unless there's a good welfare reason for not doing so.
- doing all we can to place you with any brothers and sisters who are also coming into care at the same time, unless there's a good welfare reason for not doing so.
- making sure that wherever you're living, your carers are supported to understand and meet your needs and help you feel safe.
- asking for and listening to your views about the type of placement you'll have.
- providing you with information about your placement and an introduction to your carers before you move in, unless you have to move in an emergency.
- doing all we can to place you as quickly as possible after coming into care in a placement that can and will last until you leave care.
Your copy of the pledge
We give you a copy of our pledge so that you know what you can expect from us and so that you can tell us if we're not meeting these promises.
You can do this by talking to your social worker or reviewing officer, or anyone else who you know will tell us, including the Children's Rights Service.
If you need help from Children's Rights to speak up about any decisions affecting your life, call (01226) 753406.