Example areas of our work
We work with pupils and children and young people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, selective/elective mutism and for whom English is an additional language (EAL).
The support we provide includes developing expressive language, communication and socialisation skills.
Individual level work
- Individual assessment that examines what underlying psychological/cognitive/social factors contribute toward elective/selective mutism.
- Assessment to provide information as part of the ASC diagnostic process.
- Individual social communication assessment.
- Individual assessment examining to what extent the pupil's difficulties are associated with EAL or cognitive functioning.
Group level work
- Nurture groups (3 or 6 sessions) to improve pupil's communication and language skills
- Intervention group to help pupils experiencing mutism develop skills to verbally communicate
Organisational and strategic work
One hour twilight, half day or full day training/workshops in the following areas:
- educating pupils who experience selective/elective mutism.
- educating pupils with English as an additional language (EAL).