What our psychologists will do
- Identify strengths within the child or young person and the education setting in order to build on what is working.
- Actively apply psychological theory to understand needs.
- Apply research and evidence-based practice to identify strategies and approaches that best meet need.
- Co-construct and agree outcomes based on the aspirations of the child or young person and their family.
- Seek and engage the child or young person’s views. Enable their voice to be heard and inform decision making.
- View the situation differently and promote the possibility of change to allow the removal of barriers to inclusion.
- Promote problem solving through conversations where we listen, empathise and positively reframe challenges.
- Reflect on purpose of our involvement to ensure that decisions in relation to ‘assessment’ are child centred and based on information gathered.