Barnsley Music Education Hub is an active network of partner organisations led by Barnsley Music Service. It works to enhance music education for schools and families in Barnsley.
What we do
- Provide high quality music education and support for 5-18 year olds in Barnsley.
- Inspire young people to sing and play a musical instrument.
- Develop young musicians' talent through progressive performance opportunities.
- Promote and develop music in Barnsley through diverse partnerships.
- Enhance and develop life skills through music.
What we have to deliver
- First access: ensure that every child aged 5 to 18 has the opportunity to learn a musical instrument through whole-class ensemble teaching programmes.
- Ensembles: provide opportunities to play in ensembles and to perform from an early stage.
- Progression routes: ensure that clear progression routes are available and affordable to all young people.
- Singing: develop a singing strategy to ensure that every pupil sings regularly and that choirs and other vocal ensembles are available in the area.
What we can also deliver
- Continuing professional development (CPD): offer CPD to school staff, particularly in supporting schools to deliver music in the curriculum.
- Instruments: provide an instrument loan service, with discounts for those on low incomes.
- Inspirational experiences: provide access to large scale and/or high quality music experiences for pupils, working with professional musicians and/or venues.
For more information about music hub partners and the opportunities they offer, visit the Barnsley Music Hub website.