A range of documents to support the development of the workforce in schools, academies, children's centres and other educational settings.
Professional standards are statements of a teacher's professional attributes, professional knowledge and understanding, and professional skills. They provide clarity of the expectations at each career stage.
The National Occupational Standards for supporting teaching and learning in schools (STL NOS) apply to anyone who provides direct support for teaching and learning in any type of school - primary, secondary or special. They have been developed to reflect changes in support staff roles following implementation of workforce reform.
Generic job descriptions and employee specifications
- Teaching Assistant Grade 2
- Teaching Assistant Grade 3
- Teaching Assistant Grade 4
- Teaching Assistant (HLTA) Grade 6
- Clerical Assistant Grade 2
- Clerical Assistant Grade 4
- Clerical Assistant Grade 5
- Business Manager (Primary) Grade 8
- Business Manager/Bursar Grade 9
- Business Manager/Bursar Grade 11
Parent Support Adviser
School Meals Supervisory Assistant (SMSA)