There's a range of documents to support the development of the workforce in schools, academies, children's centres and other educational settings.
- Teacher's standards set the minimum requirements for teachers’ practice and conduct.
- National occupational standards for supporting teaching learning apply to anyone who provides direct support for teaching and learning in any type of school - primary, secondary or special. They've been developed to reflect changes in support staff roles following implementation of workforce reform.
Generic job descriptions and employee specifications
- Teaching Assistant Grade 2
- Teaching Assistant Grade 3
- Teaching Assistant Grade 4
- Teaching Assistant (HLTA) Grade 6
- Clerical Assistant Grade 2
- Clerical Assistant Grade 4
- Clerical Assistant Grade 5
- Business Manager/Bursar Grade 9
- Business Manager/Bursar Grade 11