We're recruiting to the following roles:
- Senior Business Intelligence Technical Officer (£40,221 to £43,421)
- Business Intelligence Technical Officer (£33,024 to £39,186)
These roles will help power the 'data engine room' for the council. Technically skilled and adept, you'll develop innovative solutions to present data back as information and intelligence to a wide-ranging audience. The team work to follow agile and scrum principles. The roles have similar characteristics to a BI developer or a BI technical specialist.
We have junior and senior roles available with excellent career progression opportunities. This includes an option to complete a degree apprenticeship in data science (at no cost to yourself).
Examples of the work you may be doing are:
- Extracting data from multiple systems to our corporate data warehouse.
- Supporting building a single view of our residents.
- Writing SQL queries to join multiple system tables together.
- Using FME to create complex data flows – both spatial and non-spatial.
- Developing the use of Microsoft Azure Analytics tools and Power Platform as part of our cloud migration strategy.
- Visualising data using Power BI.
- Use APIs to pull data from the web to join with local sources of information.
- Researching the use of data mining, machine learning and predictive analytics.
You can find our more in the job profile for each role:
- Senior Business Intelligence Technical Officer job profile
- Business Intelligence Technical Officer job profile
How to apply
If you'd like an informal chat about either of the roles please email firstname.lastname@example.org.