Head of Public Health (Consultant in Public Health)
Grade 16 (£77,338 to £84,915)
Our ideal candidate
You'll be included in the UK Public Health Register (UKPHR) for Public Health Specialists or you'll be included in the GMC Full and Specialist Register with a license to practice/GDC Specialist List at the point of application. (Public health specialty registrar applicants who aren't yet on the GMC Specialist Register, UKPHR register or GDC Specialist List in dental public health must provide verifiable signed documentary evidence that they are within 6 months of gaining entry to a register at the date of interview).
You'll be able to evidence CPD requirements in accordance with Faculty of Public Health requirements.
You'll also be able to demonstrate the following:
- In depth understanding of the health and care system and other key system partners and their relationships with both local and national government
- Ability to influence at senior level, including directors and CEOs
- Ability to lead teams and contribute effectively in matrix teams led by colleagues
- Experience of using complex information to explain public health issues to a range of audiences
- In depth knowledge of evidence based public health practice and commitment to continuous improvement
Our people are vital to our success. That’s why we need you to build on strong foundations to inspire, enable, empower and support the public health team to be the best they can be and drive a high-support, high-challenge culture, ensuring efficiency, effectiveness and value for money.
You’ll receive great pay, generous holiday entitlement, an excellent pension scheme and development opportunities. We’re a family friendly organisation and support employees to work flexibly and maintain a healthy work life balance.
There’s so much happening in our thriving borough and your talent and skills will help us make Barnsley the place of possibilities.
If you've the ambition and expertise to progress your career in a team like this and to help us make a real impact for people in Barnsley, then we would love to hear from you.
You can view the job profile for Head of Public Health.
You can apply for the role online.