As part of Principal Towns programme and the creation of the Heart of Goldthorpe's new square, an exciting opportunity is available to encourage new businesses in Goldthorpe.
A business start-up grant of up to £2,000 is available to new and existing businesses looking to trade on Goldthorpe's new market.
Businesses must apply for the grant using the form below. This will be reviewed by a panel. A decision will then be made on whether your application has been accepted.
Businesses who apply for the grant must agree to the following terms:
- You must be a new or existing business that does not currently trade in Goldthorpe.
- Businesses who are accepted for the grant will have to to sign a licence agreement and agree to the following rent incentive package:
- Pay 6 weeks half rent from 19 October to 16 November
- Then 6 weeks full rent from 23 November to 21 December
- Then 7 weeks half rent from 28 December to 8 February
- Then 7 weeks full rent from 15 February to 28 March
- Businesses who agree to this will be invoiced for the full period in advance:
- £253.50 per pitch
- £312 per pitch with a gazebo
- All traders applying for a grant, who are new to trading, will be required to join the NMTF. The cost of joining can be claimed via the grant award.
- Public, product and employers’ liability (up to £10million)
- Access to support and guidance in business matters, legal and accounting advice and deals with various suppliers.
Goldthorpe Market will take place every Thursday from 9am to 3pm.
The opening date will be Thursday, 12 October subject to completion of the ‘Heart of Goldthorpe’ new square. Should this date change, businesses will be informed in advance.