Filming in Barnsley
We welcome film and television companies who wish to film in and around the borough and will provide help and assistance wherever possible.
You will need permission to film on council/private land in Barnsley and for any road closures you need. You may need to pay a fee for this, as well as to use our car parks. You will also need to provide us with a copy of your public liability insurance.
You must contact our communications and marketing team as early in the production process as possible to let us know of your intentions to film. This is so we can flag any potential issues with the day you have chosen for filming.
Contact us by:
- calling (01226) 773433
- emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We'll help you with your project but the following are your responsibility:
- No cables on the highway.
- Don't obstruct the public highway (paths)
- Don't block fire exits or entrances into buildings
- Ask permission to film any frontage of shops/businesses.
- Keep the amount of staff / actors to a minimum at any one time.
- If you need to film on private land make sure you ask permission from the land owners.
Drone filming guidelines
Drones are more formally known as Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV).
We’ll only consider requests for drone filming from a Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) licensed pilot/company. If a pilot is not licensed with the CAA they will not be insured or have public liability cover and they are not allowed to work/provide commercial services.
You will need to provide us your ‘Permissions for Aerial Works’ certificate and an up-to-date copy of your insurance before to giving permission.
To find out more, visit the CAA website.
You also need permission to film over council/private land and from the landowners to take off and land the drone on their property.