Nominate someone for the Mayor’s Barnsley spirit award
We want to celebrate and recognise the amazing response from people across the borough who have shown their Barnsley spirit in supporting our communities during the Coronavirus (COVID19) pandemic by providing them with a special mayor’s award.
The Mayor’s Barnsley spirit awards are to recognise people who have shown:
- commitment and achievement related to the response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Barnsley.
- commitment and achievement which has resulted in a benefit to Barnsley.
Who can you nominate
You can nominate someone for their contribution which could include:
- Frontline workers who have supported people who need help the most and those with COVID-19 Barnsley.
- Those who have provided critical care to COVID-19 patients in Barnsley.
- Those who have developed innovative solutions to support people who need help the most / those with COVID-19 in Barnsley.
- Those who have gone to extraordinary lengths to keep critical services going in Barnsley.
- Those who have volunteered in the community or for services or organisations that have supported the response to COVID-19 in Barnsley.
How to make a nomination
If you have any issues completing the form, please contact us on 01226 775 505 (during office hours).
Alternatively, you can call us on (01226) 775505 and a member of staff will complete the online form on your behalf.
You will need to provide:
- your details,
- details including the address of the person or team you are nominating,
- a brief summary of why you are nominating them up to 100 words.
What happens next
Anyone nominated for a Mayor’s award that meets the above criteria will receive a Barnsley spirit medal, a thank you letter and a certificate from the Mayor in the post.
Nominations will be processed as quickly as possible.