Councils must publish details of each invitation to tender (for contracts to provide goods/services) with a value of £5000 or more.
This information must be published on a quarterly basis. For each invitation, the following details must be published:
- Reference number;
- Title of agreement;
- Description of the goods and/or services sought;
- Start, end and review dates; and
- Local authority department responsible.
This information is now included within the council's contracts register which is updated quarterly.
Councils must also publish any details of any contract, commissioned activity, purchase order, framework agreement and any other legally enforceable agreement with a value that exceeds £5,000 on a quarterly basis. For each contract, the following details must be published:
- reference number
- title of agreement
- description of the goods and/or services sought
- start, end and review dates
- council department responsible
- supplier name & details
- sum to be paid over the length of the contract or the estimated annual spending or budget for the contract
- VAT that cannot be recovered
- whether or not the contract was the result of an invitation to quote or a published invitation to tender
- whether or not the supplier is a small or medium sized enterprise and/or a voluntary or community sector organisation and where it is, provide the relevant registration number.
Please note all amounts are net of VAT unless stated otherwise.