Building a better Barnsley
As part of our commitment to making Barnsley better, we’re creating vibrant, family friendly town centres and local high streets, full of opportunity and potential.
This includes building leisure and cultural facilities, developing more and better housing in the borough and building our infrastructure to make it easier for everyone to enjoy all Barnsley has to offer.
- Build thriving and vibrant town centres
- Create a high quality and value for money market which offers the best possible customer experience
- Improve our local high streets
- Create more and better homes
- Building and maintaining our infrastructure
Library @ the Lightbox
Library @ the Lightbox is our new hub for learning and discovery.
It forms part of the Glass Works - the retail and leisure development transforming the heart of Barnsley’s town centre.
The Lightbox is your community hub; a vibrant space where we can all create, connect, learn and relax.