The story so far
The focus in Hoyland is to develop opportunities for local businesses to create a bustling, safe, high street for residents and visitors to enjoy.
Investment into the town square will improve the shopping experience, and a developed market offer improves the unique proposition of the area.
The local economy and community will benefit from new resources and increased footfall to complement everything that Hoyland has to offer for residents, visitors and businesses.
You can find out more in our video below.
Suggested future plans
- Improved town square to encourage active travel and refresh the look of the area.
- Flexible community space for events.
- Gateways and signs for a warm welcome to visitors and a community art project.
- Free Wi-Fi in the town centre.
- Improvements to the market.
- Improvements to Duke Street car park.
- CCTV for a safer town centre.