Walking and cycling are great forms of exercise; they're good for your physical, mental, and emotional wellbeing.
As well as being activities that all the family can do together, walking and cycling are easy ways to get more active, lose weight and become healthier.
If you prefer cycling, you can check suitable cycling routes on our map below.
If you're thinking about getting your walking boots on, check out our walking guides below to see which route is best for you. Each one shows a map of the route, the distance you'll cover, how long it will take, what footwear you'll need, and what you'll see along the way.
There's something to suit everyone, so just pick a route and get walking.
Barnsley boundary walks
A 117km/73 mile long circular walk split into 12 sections
- 1 + 2: Ingbirchworth to Bretton Hall
- 3 + 4: Bretton Hall to Old Royston
- 5 + 6: Brierley to Elsecar
- 7 + 8: Elsecar to Wharncliffe Wood
- 9 + 10: Wharncliffe Wood to Langsett
- 10 + 11: Langsett to Winscar
Green Moor walks
- Partridge Dale to Berry Moor (3m)
- Silkstone to Banks Hall (2.25m)
- Silkstone to Kine Moor (2.5m)
- Silkstone to Low Mill Farm (2.25m)
- Silkstone Common to Faithwaite (3m)