We offer fully authorised MOT testing for the following classes of vehicles:
- class 4 - cars and vans up to 3,000kg in weight
- class 5 light - minibuses with 13 to 16 passenger seats
- class 7 - goods vehicles from 3,000kg to 3,500kg gross weight
We're based at Smithies Lane depot and open from 7am to 5pm every weekday.
Charges and payments
- £45 for the full MOT test
- free partial re-test within ten working days of the full MOT
- only one partial re-test is allowed
- £45 for another full re-test after ten working days
You can pay in person after the test by cash/cheque/debit card/credit card. Details of the cards we accept are on our pay page.
Book a test
Tests can be booked in advance at a time and date to suit you.
We'll need to know your:
- contact telephone number
- registration number, make and model of the vehicle to be tested
On arrival at the main entrance (Smithies Lane Depot, Barnsley S71 1NL) we will direct you to the testing station.
Checking when your MOT is due
You can be fined up to £1,000 for driving a vehicle without a valid MOT.
You can now register on GOV.UK to get free reminders by text/email when your MOT is due. Simply enter your car registration number to check your due date. You can also receive annual reminders.
You can find out more about MOT law and testing on the Gov.uk website.